DAY 1: AIRPORT - SOUTH COAST
On arrival at Colombo airport, our travel representative will meet and assist you. Transfer from airport to the South Coast. The rest of the day is at leisure/free for own activities. Overnight stay at a hotel in South Coast.
DAY 2: BENTOTA - KOSGODA – BALAPITIYA - BENTOTA
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed to visit Kosgoda and Balapitiya at a time convenient to you. Both locals and international volunteers battling it out for ''Sea Turtles' Sake'' is a common sight at Kosgoda. This vibrant tourist destination is sitting calm along the Southern coast of Sri Lanka - apart from its traditional industries of fisheries and cinnamon cultivation, it was later recognised by the Wildlife Protection Society who studded the region with a Sea Turtle Conservation Project which operates on a formidable scale today. Indirectly, this has become a watering hole of flipper and shell enthusiasts!
Balapitiya - where one could just sit back and observe how ecology and culture combine under the sun! Cut through the clear water of Madu River - a lifeline of Balapitiya and head towards KothDuwa, the small island housing a temple that dates back to ancient Sinhalese Kings. Or, sail through tunnels of shady mangroves swaying alongside Madu River hiding an ecological treasure to witness the tranquillity of this bio-diversity hot spot which boasts of reptiles, molluscs and over 70 species of freshwater fish. Today the region, which is strong in observing rural folklife in the island does not only boast of cinnamon plantations in abundance but also has a fine 'fish pedicure centre' - one of the most potent and latest rejuvenation techniques. Apart from these amenities, Balapitiya has also become a household name in the minds of bird watchers ensuring a thrilling offshore experience. Return to the hotel and you are free for own activities. Overnight stay at a hotel in South Coast.
DAY 3: SOUTH COAST TO COLOMBO
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer from South Coast to Colombo. The rest of the day is at leisure/free for own activities. Overnight stay at a hotel in Colombo.
DAY 4: CITY AND SHOPPING TOUR
Breakfast at the hotel. Do a city/shopping tour of Colombo. Colombo like many capital cities in developing countries is fast changing its face. Almost overnight, skyscrapers arise from where old buildings once stood. Yet in some parts, the old-world charm is retained. For example, there is a 100-year-old clock tower and several British built colonial buildings. Other places of interest are the Pettah bazaar - where one can shop for a bargain, a Hindu and a Buddhist temple, residential areas - where you find stately homes of the affluent and the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall (BMICH) - an outright gift to Sri Lanka from the People's Republic of China. Afterwards, indulge yourself with some shopping experiences at Odel, House of Fashion, Cotton Collection and Noritake Porcelain. Overnight stay at a hotel in Colombo.
DAY 5: COLOMBO - AIRPORT
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed for check-out and take your departure transfer from Colombo hotel to the airport for your return flight.
Package Cost in 28,599*
*The above cost is valid for a minimum of 02 adults travelling together from New Delhi on twin sharing basis.
- Economy class return airfare to Colombo including taxes on Sri Lankan Airlines
- Accommodation in standard rooms on bed and breakfast and twin sharing basis
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as per the below itinerary in a shared vehicle
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide
- Sri Lanka E-tourist Visa will be at additional cost
- Optional tours will be at additional cost
- Tourism fee has to be paid locally by the guest during check-in
- 5% GST on the total invoice amount
- Entrance fee to sights as mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance charges
- Any meals and beverages not specified in the inclusions
- Any expenses of a personal nature (tips, porters, laundry etc.)
- Any peak period surcharge
- Any meals in airlines
- Any additional baggage charges
- The official check-in time at all hotels will be 1200 hrs - 1400 hrs (depending on the hotel)
- The official check-out time at all hotels will be 1100 hrs
- Hotel check-in/check-out times are fixed and there is no guarantee for early/late check-in/out