Amritsar is a city in northern Punjab state of India. It lies about 15 miles (25 km) east of the border from Pakistan. Amritsar is the largest and most important city in Punjab and is a major commercial, cultural and transportation center. The city is the spiritual and cultural center of the Sikhs and is home to the holy Harmandir Sahib, also known as the Golden Temple.
- Amritsar is situated in close proximity to Pakistan. The city of Lahore in Pakistan is just 50 kms away from the India -Pakistan border area.
- Harmandir Sahib or the ‘Golden Temple’ is a magnificent shrine in Amritsar that experiences a huge tourist footfall every year. More than a lakh people visit this complex on weekdays. The temple itself is resplendent, standing amidst a ‘Sarovar’ or holy tank.
- Amritsar is also home to the Jallianwala Bagh memorial. This site of national importance was constructed in 1951 by the Indian government to commemorate the massacre of non-violent protestors and ‘Baisakhi’ pilgrims by British troops on 13th April 1919.
- Amritsar is also famous for its street shopping. Some of the main markets are Hall Bazaar, Guru Bazaar, Kapda Bazaar and Katra Jaimal Singh market. Any visit to this colorful city is incomplete without gorging on the famous Punjabi food. People love the Amritsari kulcha, chana and lassi served here. The flavors are authentic, textures are rich and creamy, and the taste is simply divine!
Hotel Information: Spread across eight acres, WelcomHotel Amritsar exhibits a unique blend of vintage architecture & endless serenity with sophisticated facilities, amidst tranquil surroundings. Located close to the airport and a short drive from the revered Golden Temple “Darbar Sahib”, the hotel is built around a colonnaded mansion, the erstwhile Sandhanwalia Haveli, which traces its origins to the 1900s and has been lovingly restored to preserve the cultural, architectural and culinary nuances of that era.
Package Cost per person on twin sharing basis per night
Per person per night: 6,999/-
Room Category: Deluxe Room
Vehicle Type: Sedan
Validity of Prices: 1st April to 30th September 2021
Day 01: Delhi/NCR - Amritsar
Our Travel House safe car will pick you from your residence and proceed to Amritsar which is approximately 8-9 hours’ drive from Delhi. En-route stop suggested at your convenience. Arrive in Amritsar and proceed for check- In to your hotel. Time to relax and freshen up. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02: Amritsar: Sightseeing (6-7 hours)
Post breakfast, stay at the hotel to enjoy hotel facilities and lunch or proceed for Amritsar city tour starting with a visit to the Golden Temple, the holiest shrine of the Sikh religion. It was built by the fifth Sikh guru, Guru Arjan Dass, in the 16th Century. In 1604, Guru Arjan Dass completed the Adi Granth, the holy scripture of Sikhism. There are four doors to get into the Harmandir Sahib, which symbolize the openness of the Sikhs towards all people and religions. The Gurdwara is surrounded by a large lake or holy tank, known as the Sarovar, which consists of Amrit (holy water). Sri Harmandir Sahib is the heritage of the Sikh people gathered in their five-hundred-year-old history. After lunch (on your own), visit Jallianwala Bagh which is a memorial to the countless numbers of innocent Indians who were massacred by General Dyer on 13th April 1919 which happened to be 'Baisakhi', one of Punjab's largest religious festivals. British General, Edward Dyer, ordered his soldiers to open fire on an unarmed gathering of hundreds of men, women, and children in this place. In the evening, visit Wagah Border "India–Pakistan Border" which is famous for its 'Retreat' ceremony at the time of sunset. This flag-lowering ceremony at the end of each day on the India-Pakistan border at Wagah in Punjab has over the years become a tourist attraction. The two flag posts are located contiguous to the boundary line between the two gates. The Wagah check-point is about mid-way between the cities of Lahore in Pakistan and Amritsar in India, each about 25 kilometers away. Drive back to your hotel to enjoy dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03: Amritsar – Delhi/NCR
After breakfast, complete hotel check out formalities and then depart for Delhi/NCR.
- Accommodation for 2 adults on double occupancy basis
- Breakfast for 2 adults (Sat / Sun buffet brunch not incl.)
- Pre-set meals (lunch & dinner) across available outlets
- Early check-in / late check-out (subject to availability)
- 25% disc. On all Food and 50% off on soft beverages over and above the package inclusions
- Complimentary wi-fi (as per hotel policy)
- Services of an air-conditioned chauffeur driven Travel House Vehicle throughout the tour (Ex-Delhi) strictly as per itinerary
- Any other service not mentioned in the package inclusions.
- Entrance fee of monuments visited and Guide fees (if required)
- Expenses of a personal nature such as tipping, telephone bill, room service and laundry
- GST and Statutory Taxes levied on total invoice amount
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Rate inclusions: Rates are inclusive of 2 night / 3 days stay in the in the chosen room category, daily buffet breakfast (at venue specified by the hotel), Wi-Fi, 2 major meals at any available restaurant (per adult, per stay)
- Modification of booking: For amendment to stay details like check-in and check-out date, rate plan etc. kindly write to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such requests will be accommodated only at the sole discretion of International Travel House Limited to the extent possible or available.
- Applicable Taxes: Taxes extra as applicable as per Govt rulings
- Check-in and check-out timings: Check-in time is 1400 hours while Check-out time is 1200 hours for the hotel. Late check-out is subject to availability at the time of check-in.
- Important Documents: Guests must be 18 years or older with valid photo identification to reserve a room. As a government mandate, guests are expected to present a valid proof of identity at the time of check in and can choose any of the following options:
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Others Important Terms
- The rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Rates are applicable on a per night basis
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer/promotion or benefit(s) available through any loyalty programme run by ITC Hotels.
- An extension of stay at the hotel is liable to be offered at the same rate as applicable during the online booking process; however, the same is subject to availability.
- Supplement charges for peak dates like Christmas, New Year and any other festival date may apply. Please write to email@example.com to know more details.
- This offer is not applicable for bulk/group/conference bookings (4 packages and more), rates for which can be separately negotiated
- Discounts in package cannot be offset against the package rate
- Spa & Salon services are not included in the package and are subject to availability subject to prior appointment.
- Meal inclusive in package covers food & soft beverages only and is valid on select dishes/pre-set menu. Meals will not be valid for Buffets inclusive of alcohol.
- Signature/Specialty restaurants usage, subject to operation meal time
- Children below 10 years not permitted at Signature/Specialty restaurants during dinner:
- Savings of 25% of Food and 50% on soft beverages only. The discount is not valid on liquor.
- Package is inclusive of cost of chauffeur, fuel, interstate taxes, toll tax, parking, Chauffeur outstation allowance mentioned for 2 night / 3 days package only.
- Min. 250 Kms. per calendar day or actuals, whichever is high will be considered for billing of Outstation trips.
- One can extend the package upon confirmation from ITHL office only and all the payments have to be settled well in advance.
- Booking confirmation subject to availability of the car.
- ITHL will not be responsible for loss of any material left in the vehicle by the passenger.
- Above Tariff is as on date and the same is subject to change proportionately if there is a hike in fuel charges or in Govt. Policies affecting transport business.
- The vehicle shall be used for carrying passengers only and shall not be put into any other commercial use or any transportation of materials.
Cancellation Policy: Package can be cancelled 72 hours before arrival date ,any cancellation post this will be non-refundable
- 75% advance payment to be made at the time of confirmation
- 25% balance payment to be made 07 days before departure date
Disclaimer: ITH Limited reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions of this offer, including extending, withdrawing or discontinuing the same without any notice, without assigning any reason, at its sole discretion and without any liability. Please note that taxes may change as per the notified rules by the state / central government and will be payable by the guest in addition to the current package price. The seating capacity allowance of vehicle is based on the latest information from state/municipal/local authorities. However, the local authorities on–ground may still enforce restrictions on seating which is subjective as there are no clear laws regarding this.