Chennai, also known as Madras (the official name until 1996) is the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu located on the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. It is also considered as the cultural, economic, and educational capital for all South India. This city is home to Fort St. George, built in 1644 and now a museum showcasing the city’s roots as a British military garrison and East India Company trading post. Chennai is nicknamed "The Detroit of India" with more than one-third of India's automobile industry being based out of the city.
ITC Grand Chola Chennai, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Hotel Information: This ornate, palatial tribute to Southern India’s greatest empires – the Imperial Cholas – overlooks verdant foliage in the heart of Chennai. This luxury hotel offers one of the largest banqueting facilities in India, 10 award winning F&B outlets, signature wellness experiences and more. It embodies the highest standards in Indian hospitality balanced with elegant restraint in a prime property with a distinct personality. ITC Grand Chola has 522 rooms and 78 luxuriously appointed service apartments. Collectively its 600 spacious guest rooms, suites and luxury service apartments, are the epitome of Indian grace and style, expertly delegated with thoughtful amenities. ITC Grand Chola meets the needs of both the business traveler on the move as well as the bespoke requirements of the destination connoisseur.
Package Cost per person on twin sharing basis per night
Per person per night: 10,647/-
Room Category: Executive Club
Vehicle Type: Sedan
Validity of Prices: 1st April to 30th September 2023
Day 01: Bengaluru - Chennai
Our Travel House Safe car will pick you from your residence and proceed to Chennai which is approximately 6 hours’ drive from Bengaluru. En-route stop suggested at Ambur/Vellore. Arrive in Chennai and proceed to your hotel and complete check-in formalities. Time to freshen up and enjoy lunch. Post lunch head to Kapeleeswarar Temple which is one of the oldest temples in this town, built around the 7th Century CE. Post this visit the oldest fort in Chennai which is called Saint George Fort. Evening return to the hotel and enjoy dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02: Chennai-Mahabalipuram-Chennai
Post breakfast, proceed to Mahabalipuram which is approx. 1 Hr. 20 mins drive from your hotel. Mahabalipuram, also known as Mamallapuram, is a town in Chengalpattu district, best known for the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Arrive in Mahabalipuram and proceed to visit Mahishasurmardini cave which is one of the important tourist attraction spots in Mahabalipuram city. It depicts Mother Durga killing the demon Mahishasuran. Post this visit the Shore Temple built in 700–728 AD and named because it overlooks the shore of the Bay of Bengal. Post this visit Arjun’s Penance, one of the most magnificent monuments of Mahabalipuram standing tall at a height of 43 feet. The monolith was carved on the face of two huge adjoining boulders, making its length around 96 feet, it is believed to be the depiction of Arjuna, performing penance to receive the Pasupatha Astra (the god-slayer) to defeat the Kauravas. After this visit the famous Crocodile Bank which is an amazing place to capture the sight of different species of crocodiles and alligators. It was established by herpetologist Romulus Whitaker in 1976 in order to breed African and Indian alligators and crocodiles. Enjoy local lunch on your own during sightseeing. Return to your hotel in the evening to enjoy dinner. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 03: Chennai – Bengaluru
After breakfast, complete hotel check out formalities and then depart for Bengaluru.
You will also have a chance to stop enroute at Kanchipuram which is known as the city of 1000 temples. Kanchipuram is an ancient center of culture set up by the Pallava Kings. This city is considered to be one of the seven sacred cities in our country and as such enjoys the throes of pilgrims throughout the year.
- Accommodation for 2 adults on double occupancy basis
- Breakfast for 2 adults (Sat / Sun buffet brunch not incl.)
- Early check-in / late check-out (subject to availability)
- Complimentary wi-fi (as per hotel policy)
- Services of an air-conditioned chauffeur driven Travel House Vehicle throughout the tour (Ex-Bengaluru) strictly as per itinerary
- Any other service not mentioned in the package inclusions.
- Entrance fee of monuments visited and Guide fees (if required)
- Expenses of a personal nature such as tipping, telephone bill, room service and laundry
- GST and Statutory Taxes levied on total invoice amount
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Rate inclusions: Rates are inclusive of 2 night / 3 days stay in the in the chosen room category, daily buffet breakfast (at venue specified by the hotel), Wi-Fi.
- Modification of booking: For amendment to stay details like check-in and check-out date, rate plan etc. kindly write to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Such requests will be accommodated only at the sole discretion of International Travel House Limited to the extent possible or available.
- Applicable Taxes: Taxes extra as applicable as per Govt rulings
- Check-in and check-out timings: Check-in time is 1400 hours while Check-out time is 1200 hours for the hotel. Late check-out is subject to availability at the time of check-in.
- Important Documents: Guests must be 18 years or older with valid photo identification to reserve a room. As a government mandate, guests are expected to present a valid proof of identity at the time of check in and can choose any of the following options:
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Others Important Terms
- The rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Rates are applicable on a per night basis
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer/promotion or benefit(s) available through any loyalty programme run by ITC Hotels.
- An extension of stay at the hotel is liable to be offered at the same rate as applicable during the online booking process; however, the same is subject to availability.
- Supplement charges for peak dates like Christmas, New Year and any other festival date may apply. Please write to email@example.com to know more details.
- This offer is not applicable for bulk/group/conference bookings (4 packages and more), rates for which can be separately negotiated
- Discounts in package cannot be offset against the package rate
- Spa & Salon services are not included in the package and are subject to availability subject to prior appointment.
- Meal inclusive in package covers food & soft beverages only and is valid on select dishes/pre-set menu. Meals will not be valid for Buffets inclusive of alcohol.
- Signature/Specialty restaurants usage, subject to operation meal time
- Children below 10 years not permitted at Signature/Specialty restaurants during dinner:
- Package is inclusive of cost of chauffeur, fuel, interstate taxes, toll tax, parking, Chauffeur outstation allowance mentioned for 2 night / 3 days package only.
- Min. 250 Kms. per calendar day or actuals, whichever is high will be considered for billing of Outstation trips.
- One can extend the package upon confirmation from ITHL office only and all the payments have to be settled well in advance.
- Booking confirmation subject to availability of the car.
- ITHL will not be responsible for loss of any material left in the vehicle by the passenger.
- Above Tariff is as on date and the same is subject to change proportionately if there is a hike in fuel charges or in Govt. Policies affecting transport business.
- The vehicle shall be used for carrying passengers only and shall not be put into any other commercial use or any transportation of materials.
Cancellation Policy: Package can be cancelled 72 hours before arrival date ,any cancellation post this will be non-refundable
- 75% advance payment to be made at the time of confirmation
- 25% balance payment to be made 07 days before departure date
Disclaimer: ITH Limited reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions of this offer, including extending, withdrawing or discontinuing the same without any notice, without assigning any reason, at its sole discretion and without any liability. Please note that taxes may change as per the notified rules by the state / central government and will be payable by the guest in addition to the current package price. State Govt entry rules with regards to Covid testing will apply and guest has to undergo mandatory Covid testing if required. The seating capacity allowance of vehicle is based on the latest information from state/municipal/local authorities. However, the local authorities’ on–ground may still enforce restrictions on seating which is subjective as there are no clear laws regarding this.