Mahabalipuram, also known as Mamallapuram, is a town in Chengalpattu district in the southeastern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.It is best known for the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Famous for its intricately carved temples and rock-cut caves, Mamallapuram is a historically important and well-loved tourist location situated on the Coromandel Coast along the Bay of Bengal.
Welcomhotel Kences Palm Beach, Mamallapuram
Hotel Information: Located adjacent to the Mamallapuram beach, WelcomHotel Kences Palm Beach is a tranquil resort spread across 9 acres, overlooking the picturesque Bay of Bengal. It has inherited an uncluttered design pattern that truly embarks on a journey of the past with a contemporary twist. The resort invites guests to experience seaside serenity, while providing a glimpse into the enchanting local culture and history of the nostalgic neighborhood of Mamallapuram.
Package Cost per person on twin sharing basis per night
Per person per night (Monday - Thursday): 8,499/-
Room Category: Club Rooms
Vehicle Type: Sedan
Validity of Prices: 1st April to 30th September 2021
Day 01: Chennai – Mamallapuram (4-5 hours sightseeing)
Our Travel House Safe car will pick you from your residence in Chennai and proceed to Mahabalipuram which is approximately 1.5 hours’ drive from Chennai. Arrive at Mahabalipuram and proceed to your hotel to complete check-in formalities followed by lunch. After check-in, proceed to visit the Pancharathas (five chariots), a series of monolithic temples built by the Pallavas. These are rock cut monolith temples structures built in the 7th century. Each of the 5 rathas or chariots are dedicated to the lead cast of the Mahabharata epic- Draupadi, Arjuna, Nakul-Sahadeva, Bhima and Yudhister. There is also a sculpture of an elephant next to the ratha of Nakul-Sahadeva. Once you stand towards the rear of the elephant you will notice that there is an uncanny resemblance between the rear of the chariot and the elephant. Post Pancharathas, proceed to visit Arjuna’s Penance, a monument that’s considered one of India’s most magnificent pieces of ancient art, depicting vivid scenes from the Mahabharata. The relief is 100 feet long and 45 feet tall. The main story being told is how Arjuna, one of the Pandava brothers, performed severe austerities in order to obtain Lord Shiva's weapon. After experiencing Mahabharata trails, it is time to visit the India Seashell Museum which has a 40000+ collection of Seashells. It is a singular effort of Raja Mohamad who spent 33 years to collect these items from around the world. The next stop is Krishna’s Butterball, a granite boulder that’s poised on a stony slope. This curious boulder seems to defy Newton's laws of gravity and has not moved an inch despite being in this precarious position on the slope for more than a thousand years. Our last port of call is the Shore Temple. This magnificent temple overlooks the Bay of Bengal and was an important centre during the reign of the Pallavas when Mahabalipuram was the main port of their Kingdom. Post Shore temple, drive back to your hotel to enjoy dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02: Mahabalipuram - Chennai
After Your breakfast, complete the hotel check out formalities, depart from Mamallapuram and drive back to Chennai.
- Accommodation for 2 adults on double occupancy basis
- Breakfast for 2 adults (Sat / Sun buffet brunch not incl.)
- Pre-set meals (lunch & dinner) across available outlets
- Early check-in / late check-out (subject to availability)
- 25% disc. On all Food and 50% off on soft beverages over and above the package inclusions
- Complimentary wi-fi (as per hotel policy)
- Services of an air-conditioned chauffeur driven Travel House Vehicle throughout the tour (Ex-Chennai) strictly as per itinerary
- Any other service not mentioned in the package inclusions.
- Entrance fee of monuments visited and Guide fees (if required)
- Expenses of a personal nature such as tipping, telephone bill, room service and laundry
- GST and Statutory Taxes levied on total invoice amount
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Rate inclusions: Rates are inclusive of 1 night / 2 days stay in the in the chosen room category, daily buffet breakfast (at venue specified by the hotel), Wi-Fi, 2 major meals at any available restaurant (per adult, per stay)
- Modification of booking: For amendment to stay details like check-in and check-out date, rate plan etc. kindly write to: email@example.com. Such requests will be accommodated only at the sole discretion of International Travel House Limited to the extent possible or available.
- Applicable Taxes: Taxes extra as applicable as per Govt rulings
- Check-in and check-out timings: Check-in time is 1400 hours while Check-out time is 1200 hours for the hotel. Late check-out is subject to availability at the time of check-in.
- Important Documents: Guests must be 18 years or older with valid photo identification to reserve a room. As a government mandate, guests are expected to present a valid proof of identity at the time of check in and can choose any of the following options:
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Others Important Terms
- The rates are subject to change without prior notice
- Rates are applicable on a per night basis
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offer/promotion or benefit(s) available through any loyalty programme run by ITC Hotels.
- An extension of stay at the hotel is liable to be offered at the same rate as applicable during the online booking process; however, the same is subject to availability.
- Supplement charges for peak dates like Christmas, New Year and any other festival date may apply. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to know more details.
- This offer is not applicable for bulk/group/conference bookings (4 packages and more), rates for which can be separately negotiated
- Discounts in package cannot be offset against the package rate
- Spa & Salon services are not included in the package and are subject to availability subject to prior appointment.
- Meal inclusive in package covers food & soft beverages only and is valid on select dishes/pre-set menu. Meals will not be valid for Buffets inclusive of alcohol.
- Signature/Specialty restaurants usage, subject to operation meal time
- Children below 10 years not permitted at Signature/Specialty restaurants during dinner:
- Savings of 25% of Food and 50% on soft beverages only. The discount is not valid on liquor.
- Package is inclusive of cost of chauffeur, fuel, interstate taxes, toll tax, parking, Chauffeur outstation allowance mentioned for 1 nights / 2 days package only.
- Min. 250 Kms. per calendar day or actuals, whichever is high will be considered for billing of Outstation trips.
- One can extend the package upon confirmation from ITHL office only and all the payments have to be settled well in advance.
- Booking confirmation subject to availability of the car.
- ITHL will not be responsible for loss of any material left in the vehicle by the passenger.
- Above Tariff is as on date and the same is subject to change proportionately if there is a hike in fuel charges or in Govt. Policies affecting transport business.
- The vehicle shall be used for carrying passengers only and shall not be put into any other commercial use or any transportation of materials.
Cancellation Policy: Package can be cancelled 48 hours before arrival date ,any cancellation post this will be non-refundable
- 75% advance payment to be made at the time of confirmation
- 25% balance payment to be made 07 days before departure date
Disclaimer: ITH Limited reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions of this offer, including extending, withdrawing or discontinuing the same without any notice, without assigning any reason, at its sole discretion and without any liability. Please note that taxes may change as per the notified rules by the state / central government and will be payable by the guest in addition to the current package price. State Govt entry rules with regards to Covid testing will apply and guest has to undergo mandatory Covid testing if required. The seating capacity allowance of vehicle is based on the latest information from state/municipal/local authorities. However, the local authorities’ on–ground may still enforce restrictions on seating which is subjective as there are no clear laws regarding this.